Rum&Mead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rum&Mead - A World of Warcraft Roleplaying Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New Nations A

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chenzor

Chenzor

The New Nations A - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:59 am

What do you mean to 'not have a faction in <insert random area here>' ?
I'd say mutants are everywhere, and so are people.
But some places have higher populations of mutants and/or people than other areas.
Or was that what you were trying to say?

Side suggestion, we could have mutancy in different kinds of levels.
Like lycantrophy, i was thinking.

Like, say, Bob is deceased, but still human.
Bob has lost all his memories, and is with a group of other people like Bob.
At night, Bob vanishes from the camp, but comes back when night breaks, and the sun comes up.

Bob could be the very first nightlurker, a mutant like werewolves, goes out into the night and mindlessly hunts.
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:04 am

The side-suggestion sounds fine to me. Tho you might aswell play as a worgen then >.<.. but the decease could have increased the Worgen's.. brains.

But what I mean is.. I don't want one faction to be up alone in Winterspring, while another is in Westfall, one in Durotar etc etc. If we would start out with some more specific areas and then open up more as the server grows it might be better.
(As an IC reason for there not being people in the other areas: They could still be asleep)
The mutants are literaly everywhere, but I mean the players. As I said earlier about the factions, I don't want one player to be in winterspring, another one in durotar, one in westfall, one in the blasted lands, two in tirisfal, one in Mulgore.. The people outside these starting areas could (As I said earlier, again >.<) still be asleep. And instead have 10 happy players killing eachother in the Barrens :3
Back to top Go down
https://rumnmead.forummotion.com
Chenzor

Chenzor

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:03 am

Ahaa.
Like Elwynn, Duskwood, Redridge, Westfall could be the first ones?
Or other clusters like Mulgore, Barrens, Durotar and/or Stonetalon/Thousand needles.

Oh wait, that's what you said before! Now i get it! Yay!
Good point, and good idea.
But it would limit the races alittlebit, since how often do you see like ... Centaurs in human lands? And stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 am

The f***ed up locations are part of the story. Who knows? Maybe an orc clan will take over Stormwind and rule the former human lands, while a group of dwarves rule Orgrimmar.

Any race, could be anywhere. The only real limitation is that you can't really be.. a jungle troll in the coldest place of Northrend, your character would die from the climate change in addition, it would look weird.(Just like a taunka would probably sweat shitloads down in Tanaris)

Sidenote: Centaur would fit well in Westfall, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Confusing ideas are confusing.

Timelines?
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Lolwhut?
Back to top Go down
Chenzor

Chenzor

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:56 pm

The timeline could pretty much be anywhere.
It's kindof custom, if this idea goes through.
Back to top Go down
MentalMate

MentalMate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:07 am

Idea is quite interesting. It just need to be worked out aswell. Since there is like.... confusing moments. Like: What happened to lore figures. (Illidan, Arthas and all that jazz.). Ofcourse we could put them off action and all this stuff but yeah. Like... Illidan can get still alive like.. Dark Portal didnt stood opened for along and Illidan himself succeed in closing Dark Portal to continue conquring Outland and all tis stuff. Leave Lich King in his dreaming and Deathwing untouched. But it needs more details and yatta yatta yatta.
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:54 am

RP that allready has factions could be in the outlands, since they are (currently) uneffected by the desease. So you could play as Ilidari kicking some ass, demons kicking some ass, broken geting their asses kicked, mag'har geting their asses kicked, ogres kicking some ass, Sha'tari geting their asses kicked and kick ass etc...

But we will see! And I would like most lore characters dead from the decease. Even those allready are (un)dead. I'll try to update the main post soon.
Back to top Go down
MentalMate

MentalMate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:00 am

Lets see.
Look what could we make things possible. Lich King = Continues his dreaming. He didnt even died. But since you want undead to die from decease, he'll have no army then. Illidan - Let him stay alive. Since he is not doing anything to Azeroth, nor he wants to return to it. He just stick to Outland making it whole be in his hands. Like... Illidari forces pushed back Argent, Horde and Alliance outta from Hellfire and by using Skull of Gul'Dan, he closed Dark Portal once again. And yatta yatta yatta.
Back to top Go down
Chenzor

Chenzor

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:13 pm

We'll probably have to write all this shit down.
And i'll probably be the one who has to do it. Because i want to o_o

When Arthas awakes it'll probably be the most epic yawn ever... Or will it? With his army almost completely gone...
I'd say a large number of his undead armies were sleeping with him, not being ... ''Alive'' so to say, untill Arthas woke up.
Therefore, not being alive, they couldn't be affected by the decease, could they?
Back to top Go down
MentalMate

MentalMate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Well Pirate wants Scourge to die from it aswell. Ummm.. That would be lolo if Arthas will wake up and like.. Ummmm where is my army again? I missed something?
Back to top Go down
Chenzor

Chenzor

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 am

And then Illidan comes from the backdoor-darkportal and laughs at him. Win.
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:32 am

Part of the whole idea is for there to be no kind of.. army or nation thing at the beginning. And when there are that they should be built up by players. A new "scourge" could be built up by a necromancer faction. (Evolving to a necromancer faction could be a bit complicated, arcane magic would be the first step unless you find the ancient book of awesome.)
Back to top Go down
Chenzor

Chenzor

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 am

Hurray, ima find the legendary book of awesome to summon epic numbers of skeletons to kill more people to raise more skeletons to take over Azeroth!
And with all people dead'n'gone except me and my fellow necromancers... WE'LL PARTY ALL NIGHT LONG! YAY!
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:41 am

I will release more info on the Book Artifact later. Meesa goin' ta da famileh now.

Last edited by Pirate on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Big Q.

What about the Old Gods?

(C'thun/Yogg-Saron/The other two.)

C'thun has his big ol' army of Silithid and Qiraji. And Yogg has his masses of Faceless Ones.

I doubt the armies would have been affected by any disease or plague, and even if they had been, Faceless ones can be masses in mere hours - Qiraji and Silithid taking about the same length.
Back to top Go down
Chenzor

Chenzor

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:46 pm

An idea is to have the Old Gods be the cause of the decease. And your Q wasn't a very big one, since i've asked the question before, and we'll look into it.
It's alot of thought needed to this idea.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Mojo Stormstout wrote:
And your Q wasn't a very big one

It was made by Asmodeus, therefore it is a Big Q.

And, if the disease was created BY the Old Gods, then they would already be in control of Azeroth again. Really, their armies would be sweeping through; or C'thun's/Yogg-Saron's at least.
Back to top Go down
MentalMate

MentalMate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Idea by infamous MentalMate.
People raped (killed) Old Gods and last one (Yogg-Saron, since others are not announced) after a 'death' released somekinda disease that started spreading and all tis shish.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm

H'okay, one problem with that Mental...

MentalMate wrote:
People raped (killed) Old Gods.

Ya..- No. Old Gods are crazier powerfullerest than Titans. A couple hundred mortals won't do shit to them, not even a couple hundred thousand mortals.
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 am

Asmodeus does have a point.. but then there's the idea of simply not having any lore, at all.
Back to top Go down
Chenzor

Chenzor

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:07 am

OR the decease could NOT have been made by them, and they've died or lost their minds too.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:17 pm

There is no way in hell the Old Gods could die from a disease. If there was anything that strong, the universe would shit itself.
Back to top Go down
Pirate
Admin
Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 pm

I feel like just making it.. OMG PEOPLE DISSAPEARED AND STUFF IS BURNING WTFHAXX?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Nations A   The New Nations A - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Nations A
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next